So this past weekend was Labor Day. The last weekend of the Summer. I had spent the majority of my summer in the concrete jungle, sweating and drinking. So for this extra long weekend I took a trip to Far Hills, New Jersey. Usually when I think of New Jersey I don’t think of beautiful farm land. But after my trip, I’m convinced that’s all that’s in New Jersey. The other possibility is that I was never in Far Hills, but was in fact visiting Christopher Robin and Winnie the Pooh in 100 Acre Wood
This was a relaxing weekend with lots of fun activities peppered in. It was the perfect balance of being lazy and having fun at the same time. I never sat around so long that I felt worthless. But I never was so busy that I felt I wasn’t relaxing.
On top of that mix, there was some delicious food, wonderful views, a few belly laughs, great company, perfect crappy weather and some memories that had not been tapped in a while.
I’ll just toss out a few of the activities that were done.
- 5-6 mile run/walk. Great scenery. Lots of fun
- Intense tennis match in all whites. Clay and grass courts.
- Probably the best trip I’ve ever had to a Post Office
- Outdoor dinner: grilled cheeseburger, corn on the cob, Caprese salad and Sam Adams. Perfect
- Apple Pie. Apple Pie. Apple Pie.
- Best awful trip to the beach ever. Crappy weather, stinky beach but still somehow fun and relaxing. Must’ve been the company (or the Cheez Its).
- Solid pool time. So nice after not being in a pool for a year.
- opened up the memory box with discussions of Spyro the dragon, PJ Funny Bunny, I Love Lucy, The Stinky Cheese Man, The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs, (actual) Looney Tunes
- 24/7 crickets and I loved every second of it.
- I developed a new taste for Show tunes, starbucks instant coffee and for some reason…pink pajamas with penguins on the bottom?
- A lovely dinner at Gladstone Tavern. Where everyone knows your name and the jambalaya is superb.
- and last but not least… dog farts